But before I get into that, though, I’d like to say a few other things.
First and foremost, let me just say this: December was a tough month for me, business-wise. It always is – people saving for the holidays, putting their wedding planning on hold, etc. I’m going to come up with a plan for this next year, so that I can start offering holiday cards, stationery sets, and other gifts that can be given to friends and family. There are so many ways I want to advance my business, but I’m just not finding the time to do so. I will MAKE time for 2012!
Second – a shout out to my friend Jess, of Seven Layer Designs. Her blog is a constant source of inspiration to me. I’m not sure if she knows that – I’ve told her, but I’m not sure she REALLY knows it. In fact, I probably wouldn’t be taking the time today to write this if I hadn’t read her post last night. Jess makes beautiful handmade stationery which she offers from her website or her Etsy shop. I’m going to try to find some ways for us to collaborate a little. She wants to branch into weddings/parties, and I want to branch into stationery. So it seems like a perfect meeting of the minds.
It’s been a LONG time since I’ve posted on my blog, and even longer since I’ve updated my website. These are the drawbacks of leading a double life. Allow me to express myself via math equation:
((Day Job x Small Business) + Holidays) / Personal Life = Lack of Blogging.
I thought that with the ringing in of 2012 and Peacock Printing’s 2 year anniversary coming up in March, I would make a resolution to be more… well, just MORE. So here’s a short list to remind myself of my goals:
- Improve at keeping up with technology – blog, website, etsy shop
- Bulk up my Facebook followers – find me and follow me and there’s a coupon code in it for you (if you’re already following me, jut ask and I’ll give it to you)!
- Pinterest! If you need an invite to join, let me know. Then follow me! I’m collaborating with the EtsyWeddingTeam to post a new item from each member every week – spreads the word, gives inspiration to brides and crafters, and is just plain all-around fun.
- Get some new designs in the shop! I’ve done a ton of custom work that I really should get out there.
- Expand my inventory. I want to really start highlighting the extras – place cards, menus, programs, etc.
- Save more, spend less. I’m such an impulse shopper.
- Quit my job and do weddings full-time! This is a long-term goal, I am nowhere NEAR being able to do this yet – but it’s on the horizon. Exciting!
In the meantime, I’m going on my honeymoon.
I’ve been so spoiled with my travels lately – this is NOT normal! I’ll be working til the beginning of February, and then I’m off to the Dominican Republic til Valentine’s. And then I probably won’t be going anywhere else for a while =) So I hope it’s worth it!
I’m going to be running some specials in March in honor of my 2 year business anniversary (and then probably again in June in honor of my 2 year wedding anniversary). Maybe a contest or two. While I’m gone I’m hoping that I can sketch out some new designs, using the tropics as an inspiration – so many bright colors, beautiful beaches, serene landscapes… and hopefully I’ll be back armed with a whole new inventory!