My cousin Kristy started a blog about cupcakes. You can find it HERE. This amazes me for a number of reasons:
1. I remember when Kristy was BORN. So the fact that she’s even literate is weird to me – her sister and my sister were born 6 months apart, so they were thick as thieves, and as a result Kristy and I used to hang out at all the family functions even though she’s much younger than me. As a result I feel a certain connection to Kristy that I don’t have with many of my other cousins on the other side of my family. I think she’ll probably always be that little kid to me in some way.
2. Kristy is a grad student at Rutgers University, she goes to a lot of concerts, has a flourishing social life. How does she have time to blog about cupcakes? She must REALLY love cupcakes.
3. I had no idea that she loved cupcakes enough to blog bout them. Of course, who doesn’t love cupcakes, but how many people take the time to blog about them? (actually, a quick wordpress search led me to 180,298 results for “cupcake,” so it seems that lots of people are blogging about them.
4. She is also the cutest little thing – I’m shocked that she ever eats at all, let alone chows down on cupcakes. If I even LOOK at a cupcake I gain a little weight. Some people have all the luck.
All of this led me to ask myself how many other people are obsessed with cupcakes. So today, in honor of my cousin Kristy, I present to you my Kupcake Wednesday post, which will be full of cute cupcake things, a couple recipes, and other baking related items that are sure to revitalize your love for cupcakes as well! Please click the links at the end of this post for more info on these amazing finds.
CLICK HERE for lots of cupcake decorating ideas from Wilton!
Coconut Cupcakes with Seven Minute Frosting and Coconut Flakes
from Martha Stewart, queen of the cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Seven-Minute Frosting (click HERE for recipe)
- 1 1/3 cups large-flake unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk dry ingredients (including sweetened coconut) in a large bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low. Mix any remaining wet ingredients in a bowl if needed. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 3 days, unless otherwise noted.
- Once cupcakes are cool, mound frosting on tops. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut. Serve immediately.
I hope this post has made you hungry, or better yet inspired you to do some baking (or shopping)! Please remember to check out Kristy’s blog from time to time for new and exciting cupcake news.
Cupcake False Eyelashes from EyelashJewelry on Etsy
Lace Cupcake Wrappers by SundayRabbit on Etsy
Happily Ever After Cupcake Flags by GoAgainstTheGrain on Etsy
Will Run for Cupcakes Charm by JessicasGifts on Etsy
Custom Birthday Cupcake Stand by vesselsandwares on Etsy
Sexy Cupcake Apron by ApronsByVittoria
Coconut Cupcakes from Martha Stewart
Fondant Moustaches by parkersflourpatch on Etsy